Powersoft is well-known as the manufacturer of large-scale amplification systems for the live sound and touring industries; its heritage is built on live entertainment applications. However, in recent years, the Italian company’s focus has shifted more towards the fixed installation market since the launch of the Ottocanali, Quattrocanali and Duecanali ranges.
‘Approximately two years ago, 60% of what we sold in amplifiers was used in live entertainment applications and the other 40% was used in fixed installations,’ revealed Marc Kocks, business development manager for the install market at Powersoft. ‘This has flipped around so that now, 60% of what we sell goes into fixed installations. Therefore, we’re continuing to target this market with our new products.’
These new products, unveiled at ISE 2018, are the two new additions to the Duecanali Series – the Duecanali 804 and Duecanali 4804. These two amplifiers each offer two channels with the option for DSP and Dante (DSP+D versions), are aimed primarily for use at leisure and retail spaces, and complete the Duecanali range.
The Duecanali 4804’s two channels each provide 2,400W @ 4Ω, which Powersoft states makes it a ‘cost-effective’ solution for small to medium size installations. The Duecanali 804, meanwhile, delivers a pair of 400W channels that offer a lower total power solution for installations where a single two-channel amplifier is enough to meet the system requirements, without the need for additional channels or power.
Together with the Duecanali 1602, launched at ISE a year prior, the Duecanali 804 and 4804 can be used in conjunction to offer 16 different possible output configurations, including Lo-Z, Hi-Z, bridge mode, parallel mode and combinations of these. The maximum output power per-channel for the 804 is 400W at 8Ω, 400W at 4Ω, 500W at 2Ω, 1,000W at 4Ω bridged, 800W at 8Ω bridged and 400W at 100V and 70V. This is creased for the 4804 to 1,250W at 8Ω; 2,400W at 4Ω; 3,000W at 2Ω; 6,000W at 4Ω bridged; 4,800W at 8Ω bridged and 2,400W at 100V and 70V.
Both new models can be managed with the Armonía 2.11 Pro Audio Suite, which launches alongside the Duecanali 804 and 4804. The DSP+D versions extend system performance with onboard high-end signal processing and Dante digital audio distribution.
Powersoft has also recently launched a free mobile app for Android that allows users of X Series amplifier platforms to recall saved settings by connecting their phone to the amplifier via a USB cable. The manufacturer describes this as an ‘instantaneous’ process, and as such, has named the app Snapshot Selector.
Should a user connect their mobile device to an X Series amplifier, a link to Snapshot Selector in the Google Play Store will automatically pop up. Once downloaded, the app will open automatically each time the phone is connected to the amplifier. The user interface is designed to be simple and intuitive, enabling the user to save and recall an exact snapshot of all settings on the amplifier, including routing, equalisation and limiting. The app also allows the users to select the source priority that will be applied after the snapshot has been recalled.